Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I need some summer reading material!!

During the summer the girls and I go to the library a couple of times a week to get books and they always have an art activity or something. Anyway, last year I had a reading list and actually finished 15 books in the summer (no small feat for a mom of 2!!). I can't seem to find anything I really want to read. So I want suggestions. I love almost anything, well no science fiction please it's just not my thing!! I even like books geared more toward teenage girls, I know it's a little lame. Anyway, let me know what books you like.

9 comments:

Autumn said...

I just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Greggory. I really liked it. I had already watched the movie but the book was really good. I also like the Liz Curtis Higgs series that starts with Thorn In My Heart. I think thats the first then Fair is the Rose, Whence came a Prince, and Grace in Thine Eyes. They are historical fiction like The Other Boleyn Girl.

Joslyn said...

I've been checking out books by Nicholas Sparks (he's the author behing The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Message in a Bottle, and The Guardian). Anyway, my favorite movie is The Notebook, so I thought I would give his books a try because I like romance. I just read The Rescue.

The Thueson's said...

Okay so I haven't read this book but have heard GREAT things about it.. It is a series, and the first one is LUXE. Heck, the dress on the front of the book is enough to make you want to read it! :)

Joslyn said...

If you're into LDS romance I've also read a ton of Anita Stansfield books that are really good.

Amber said...

today was so fun!!! thanks for hanging out wiht me and getting me out of my house:) and i also love Anita Stansfield!

Joslyn said...

I just have the most basic sewing machine from Wal-Mart (which works great for me cuz I don't do anything too fancy); it's a Brother LS-2125i. Tara is really the expert at sewing, you should ask her. :)

The Thueson's said...

Hmm.. sewing machines!! What are you looking to spend on one? If you are just looking to go really simple, I would go to Costco.com.. they have a few Brother machines that have a TON of stitches and are pretty dang cheap! And Costco is so great because if in a few years down the road, something happens to it.. just return it! :)

Jessica Schwendiman said...

Well,
Right now I am reading Sidney Sheldon's "If tomorrow Comes." But I don't know if I can RECOMMED it. It is TOTALLY rated R!! If I could ripe out four pages (Yikes!) and edit the cursing then you would love it. It's really intense. All his books are great because the main character is always a woman and the whole time your thinking, "this would be a GREAT movie."

McCall said...

Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. My favorites by far. They are by Ken Follett